Structure & governance
The European Union for Responsible Incineration and Treatment of Special Wastes (Eurits) is an International Not-for-Profit organisation (IVZW) under Belgian law.
Eurits has a number of groups:
- General Assembly - Assemblies are held every year to enable members to talk about the governance of Eurits during one or two days. Every company can send as many representants as they want.
- Executive Committee - this group is made up of the officers of Eurits and makes the day-to-day decisions on how Eurits operates and acts.
- Working Group - this group discusses policies with one representative for each paying member.
- Communications Group - the Communications Group is made up of communications specialists from the members and advises the other parts of Eurits of how best to put our message across.
- A Technical Group meets 2 to 3 times a year. It gives a good opportunity to the members to share their experience on specific aspects of their plant operations. Anyone is welcome to join these technical groups.
- A Hazardous Waste Symposium takes place every 18 months for two days. A specific topic is chosen; for instance, in 2006, the selected issue was 'The end of the landfilling of HW with a high organic content and the future of incineration'. Presentations are given on related topics and a sight visit is organised to one of the member's plants.
Executive committee members
Jerome Eloy (President)
Company: SARP Industries
Ludwig Ramacher (Financial Secretary)
Company: REMONDIS Industrie Service GmbH
Guido Wauters (Technical Director)